February 9, 2022
Jammy Oat Blondies
Oat and white rice flours lend a pleasant texture to these rich blondies that are punctuated by tangy jam and topped with streusel. The xanthan gum isn’t necessary but helps give gluten-free treats better texture (or you can substitute all-purpose flour in a pinch).
Yield: Makes 16 blondies
- In bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Work in butter until coarse crumbs form. Keep in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8″-sq. pan and line with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whip brown sugar, eggs and vanilla on high speed, until pale, fluffy and doubled in volume. With mixer running on low, slowly stream in butter until incorporated.
- Fold in dry ingredients and pour batter into prepared pan. Dollop jam over surface and use knife to swirl in. Top evenly with streusel.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until golden brown and just set. Let cool completely on wire rack before cutting into squares. Blondies will keep, refrigerated in airtight container, for 1 week.